Saturday, June 25
4:30 PM - 7:00 PM PST
Walk the Talk: Create Community
by Building It
Walk the talk with WalkGood + YEA! to learn about local climate justice efforts, meet new friends, and move through our ecoanxiety.
Folks can start arriving, hanging out and stretching
Introductions, grounding and group meditation led by Etienne Maurice, Founder of WalkGood, on the experience of doing liberation work + the toll it takes on mind, body, and spirit
Hike begins, several 10 minute stops along the way to hear from leaders on eco-anxiety and mental health, non violent direct action, and intersectionality.
- Non Violent Direct Action (NVDA) Training led by Extinction Rebellion Los Angeles
- Eco-Anxiety Workshop led by Jackson Xia
End with a 10 minute meditation, recap, & restoration ... and head out for drinks and snacks at: Sage Vegan Bistro
4130 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230-4736 -- 5 minute drive away!
Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area
4100 South La Cienega Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90056
1. Parking at the park is $7 and they only take cash. We recommend carpooling for the ultimate bang for your buck meets eco-friendly practices. If you can't afford, no sweat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of it. xoxo.
- Sunglasses + Hat
- Water bottle (there will be places to fill up on the route)
- Sneakers or hiking shoes
3. There will be a medic on site.